About Me

My photo
When I am not making music I am making art, and inspiring others to find their own creativity. Follow this page for up to date news on newest work, events, shows and classes I will be teaching at The Painted Cork. Follow me on instagram @christinamansourstudios

Monday, August 30, 2010

+11 hours

Other then the night i spent eating pizza and drinking beer, i was able to get some hours in this weekend. Nothing crazy and out of the ordinary but part of the weekly routine of practice. 

I went to work and drew for 6 hours. the other two were spent sitting there doing nothing. I work at a theme park as a pastel portrait artist. I can draw the side profile in under 10 minutes with 70% accuracy and the whole front face in under 15 minutes with 75% accuracy. 
 In the 6 hours i was there last saturday i did 14 portraits. lots of profiles, which is weird, people usually want their whole face. In the time between drawings i would sketch. 

Sunday was band practice for three hours. There were a few hours here and there that i dabbled around on the piano but im not going to count those because it was not focused practice, just a much needed emotional release.

 I filled out a few pages in my sketchbook over the weekend which would account for about 2 hours of drawing. 

sooo.......

Music: 3.0 hrs
Art: 8.0 hrs.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up piling on those hours! You'll get to your mark and be GREEEEAAAAAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, congrats on already getting your Flickr account and posting so many images. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete